Community Memorial Health System is a community-owned, not-for-profit organization that consists of two hospitals and 15+ community clinics including family-practice, urgent care, our residency program, and several specialties within Ventura County. We are fully accredited by Det Norske Veritas (DNV), licensed by the California Department of Public Health and ISO 9001:2015 certified.
Located close to the beach, just 60 miles north of Los Angeles, is Community Memorial Hospital. Our 242-bed, acute care facility, is committed to providing quality patient care in an environment that promotes clinical excellence and innovative leadership.
Ojai Valley Community Hospital, an affiliate of Community Memorial Hospital is a 25-bed general acute care facility designated as a Critical Access Hospital with a distinct part 66 bed skilled nursing facility. OVCH provides inpatient, outpatient, and skilled nursing services for mostly primary and secondary care needs. In addition, we operate a 24-hour standby emergency department.
CMHS offers some of the best benefits in the industry, along with great career choices, training, and leadership development. At our facility, our employees share their enthusiasm for life as well as for helping others. As you balance your work life with your other passions, we're there for you every step of the way.
CMHS offers excellent benefits, such as Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and AD&D insurance. We also offer a comprehensive 403(b) retirement plan, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, and a variety of other great benefits.
If you are interested in joining teams that meld quality care and compassion to create an environment of excellence, please take a moment to discover more about what it's like to work at Community Memorial Health System.
“We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer”
RN Case Manager - One (1) 8 hour shift (with rotating weekends) position available
The RN Case Managers (RN CM) work with patients and families along with the healthcare team in the collaborative development of a plan for discharge and arrangement any needed post-acute care services. Also assisting with gathering data to ensure that patient care provided meets approved admission criteria, continued stay, and appropriate level of care.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Reconcile surgery schedule with authorizations and CMS guidelines to ensure patients are leveled
• Follow-up with MD office surgery coordinators/MD's if there are orders that require changes.
• Ensure all incoming procedures have the correct CPT codes and that status correlates with the CPT
• Frequent rounding to surgical areas to follow-up on completed procedures and confirm there were no
procedure changes or incorrect post-op leveling.
• Follow all patients in outpatient status to ensure proper leveling if patient requires additional
• Assist with discharge planning from the surgical areas.
• Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent of education and experience.
• Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, with valid California RN license.
• Bilingual Spanish speaking
• Experience with InterQual
• Experience with Allscripts and Meditech